Table of Contents
How to Draw Buhari Step by Step
Drawing portraits can be a challenge, especially when it comes to drawing the portrait of a prominent personality such as President Muhammadu Buhari. However, with a few tips and tricks, you can learn how to draw Buhari step by step. In this article, we will guide you through the process of drawing the portrait of the Nigerian president.
Before we begin, it's essential to have the right materials. Here are the materials needed to draw Buhari:
- Pencils – a range of pencils from 2H to 6B.
- Drawing paper – a high-quality drawing paper that can handle multiple erasures.
- Eraser – a kneaded eraser is ideal for removing graphite without damaging the paper.
- Blending tool – a blending stump or a piece of tissue paper can help in blending the graphite and creating a smooth texture.
- Reference photo – a clear reference photo of Buhari to use as a guide.
Now that you have all the materials needed let's dive into the step-by-step process of drawing Buhari.
Step 1: Start with Basic Shapes
Start by creating a rough sketch of the basic shapes and proportions of the face. Draw a circle for the head, a line for the nose, and an oval for the mouth. Then, draw a vertical line down the center of the face to ensure that the facial features are symmetrical.
Step 2: Add Details
Once you have the basic shapes, start adding details such as the eyes, eyebrows, and mouth. Pay attention to the angles and curves of each feature. Use light strokes and take your time to ensure that the proportions and placement of the features are correct.
Step 3: Shade the Face
Once you have the facial features in place, start shading the face. Use a lighter pencil to create the base layer, then gradually build up the shading with darker pencils. Pay attention to the light source and create shadows accordingly. Use a blending tool to blend the graphite and create a smooth texture.
Step 4: Add Final Details
Now that you have the basic structure and shading in place, it's time to add the final details. Add texture to the hair, wrinkles, and clothing. Use a kneaded eraser to remove excess graphite and create highlights.
Step 5: Final Touches
Finally, take a step back and assess your drawing. Make any necessary adjustments and add final touches such as signature and date.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few additional tips and tricks to keep in mind when drawing Buhari:
- Use a reference photo – a clear reference photo will help you capture the likeness of Buhari accurately.
- Focus on the eyes – the eyes are the most important feature of the face and can make or break the likeness of the portrait.
- Take breaks – drawing can be tiring on the eyes and hands, so take frequent breaks to avoid eye strain and fatigue.
- Experiment with different pencils – different pencils have different levels of hardness and softness, experiment with them to achieve the desired texture and shading.
- Practice, practice, practice – the more you practice, the better you will become at drawing portraits.
Drawing the portrait of a prominent personality such as Buhari can be challenging, but with the right materials, techniques, and practice, it's achievable. Follow the step-by-step guide, keep these tips and tricks in mind, and you'll be on your way to creating a beautiful portrait.
Do I need to be an experienced artist to draw Buhari?
No, you don't need to be an experienced artist, but it's essential to have basic drawing skills and knowledge.
Can I use a different reference photo of Buhari?
Yes, you can use a different reference photo, but ensure that the photo is clear and shows the facial features and proportions clearly.
How long does it take to draw Buhari?
The time it takes to draw Buhari depends on your skill level and experience. It can take anywhere from a few hours to several days.
What if I make a mistake?
Mistakes are part of the learning process, use a kneaded eraser to remove the mistake and try again.
Can I use a tablet or digital drawing tool to draw Buhari?
Yes, you can use a tablet or digital drawing tool, but ensure that you have the necessary software and skills.